I just can’t believe I haven’t made sausage balls here. These are not only the tastiest sausage balls, they are grain free, made with almond flour, country sausage, happy eggs, and a good cheddar cheese.
I made this super easy for you by sticking sausage patties in the oven (they are so easy to crumble later) and while they are baking, I shred my cheese and get out the rest of my ingredients.
Once the sausage has cooled a few minutes, just crumble it up into the mixture. Roll into balls. A full recipe makes 30 balls. A half recipe makes 15. But why not double it and make 60; you’ll probably need them or you can freeze the left-overs for a quick, low carb snack.
Pick Your Cheese for Your Easy Sausage Balls
I used a Vermont White Cheddar. It melted beautifully, and had a great taste. I added in a small amount of Pecorino Romano to add salty, complex flavor.
Pick Your Sausage
I used a spicy version of country sausage. You can use whatever you like, even chorizo or Italian.
Sausage Balls are not just for Parties
We like them for breakfast!
Serve on Sliced Apples
This is a genius idea. No toothpicks necessary. People can scoop their sausage balls with a thinly sliced apple and they taste great together.
Go Grain Free: Use Almond Flour
The anytime, anywhere easy sausage ball is gluten free, grain free and even fits the low carb diet. Happy New Year!
Easy Sausage Balls, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb,
- 1 pound country sausage
- 1 cup almond flour you can substitute 1 1/3 cups all purposed flour or gluten free flour
- 1 large egg or 2 small eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino romano optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake sausage patties for approximately 15 minutes or until done.
- Drain on paper towels. Cool. Crumble.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sausage and remaining ingredients together.
- Roll balls out and place on baking pan. Don't worry if they're not perfectly round. Once they are all rolled out, wash hands, wet slightly and go back and re-roll the balls round.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo