This is the adult Valentine’s treat.Chocolate Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies with Sea Salt is the perfect sweet treat for a non-dessert eater who prefers savory food. This bite of chocolate salty cookie is just enough to enjoy with a coffee or glass of red wine.
For fun, make ice cream sandwiches. This cookie has some brown sugar in it and is a little chewy. It does not break easily and is great for filling with ice cream.
The trick is to freeze the cookies first, then put more than enough ice cream. It will come out the sides. Trim.
Use full fat ice cream, as low fat ice cream is pumped with air and will collapse.
Freeze again at least for two hours before serving.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- sea salt
- Cream butter and sugar. Add salt.
- Add egg and mix thoroughly. Add Vanilla
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa together, and add to mixture.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take out for about 15 minutes so you can easily roll dough.
- Cut out shapes. Top with sea salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- You can use a frosting, a royal icing, a glaze, sprinkles or nothing.
A group of fabulous bloggers have gotten together to offer your family a Vitamix 5200, valued at $449, for FREE!We know how important caring for your family is to you and that it's not always easy to get your own top of the line blender, so we have brought one to you. This tough cookie can do it all and is a staple in most professional kitchens. Now it can be a staple in your kitchen as well.