I love Sangria especially white Sangria with tropical fruits like mango, key lime and pineapple. Our summers get hot and humid here and we need a reason to continue to love summer. Summery drinks like Sangria helps us enjoy the heat just a little bit more.
This is just so refreshing and so easy to make. I bought a bottle of mango lemonade at Trader Joe’s the other day and each day I would add something to it. One day, I thought it would be nice with basil. Another day, frozen pineapple, and on another day I added in some key limes. Then it hit me. I’m making Sangria. All it needed was a bottle of white wine.
This is the summer party cocktail that starts the cookout or girls’ night in. I recently had Sangria at a place that mixes the wine in with each glass. That would be a great idea if you were having company and some drank and some did not.
Sangria is popular around our house. We have enjoyed Strawberry Sangria and Blackberry Sangria in the past. This is just as good without the wine and kid friendly.
Tell me what’s your favorite summer cocktail? I’m sticking with white Sangria.
- 1 quart of mango lemonade (or lemonade)
- 1 liter of dry white wine
- 4 key limes, or 2 lime, sliced, 1 lime for juice, 1 lime for slices
- frozen pineapple
- fresh basil leaves
- Mix juice limes, basil, frozen pineapple together.
- If making the night before, add the wine and refrigerate. You can add the wine to each glass, making them individually, using a ratio of half and half or whatever you prefer.