Keto Sausage Crusted Pizza with Ricotta and Basil
Low Carb, Keto Friendly Pizza where Sausage is used for the Crust.
Servings: 6 slices
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or basil or dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or more to taste
Make Sausage Crust
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Use loose sausage. If you have sausage links, remove from casing. spread out with fingers onto griddle or pizza pan. Use parchment paper or plastic wrap and rolling pin to roll out as thin as you can without forming holes. Place parchment on top of sausage and roll. You will not need any binders.
Sausage will shrink about an inch all around. Form a sausage crust with your fingers the way you would a dough crust.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until sausage is browned.
Once sausage is cooked, sop up any grease with paper towels.
Add about 1/2 cup tomato sauce to pizza crust.
Add mozzarella cheese.
Add RIcotta Cheese in dollops of one or tablespoons around the pizza.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Sprinkle grated pecorino romano cheese.
Fresh basil leaves.
Put fresh basil on pizza.
Serve immediately, cutting into six pieces.