Holiday Chicken Salad
Pulled chicken, with pomegranates, rosemary, and pecans make a very festive chicken salad made with Rotisserie chicken.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 pound white meat chicken Pulled from rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise Better Body Foods
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 small gala apple with skin diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to taste or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped or more to taste
Pull chicken off bone. Don't use any skin. Make sure it's in bite sized pieces.
Add diced celery, diced apple to chicken.
Add mayonnaise according to need. I used quite a bit
Toasting pecans is optional. No more than 3 minutes. Chop somewhere between fine and course, keeping in mind how that will be for eating. Add in, but save some for topping.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add in rosemary and parsley, but also save a little for the top.
Score the six ridges of a pomegranate.
Break open over a bowl of cold water. The pomegranate arils will sink to bottom.
Add two tablespoons of arils, and save a little for the top.