Clafoutis aux Cerises - Classic Cherry Clafoutis
Recipe for classic cherry clafouti adapted by Le Cordon Bleu at Home.
- 1 cup flour I used 2/3
- 3/4 cup sugar I used 1/2 cup
- 5 eggs I used 3 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk I used 2/3 cup
- 1 cup heavy cream I used 2/3 cup
- pinch salt
- 2 tablelspoons kirsch I skipped
- 1 lb cherries I used 12 ounces cherries, pitted, halved
Preheat oven to 350.
Butter shallow gratin dish.
Combine flour sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk. Gradually add milk, cream,whisking to avoid lumps. I found that easy and batter was easy to work with. Add salt.
Spread over cherries and bake 45-45 minutes. Cool completely.