Chocolate Pecan Tart or Steeplechase Pie
Chocolate, Pecans and Whiskey are fabulous combination for a pie or a tart, adapted from the recipe for Steeplechase Pie from the Loveless Cafe Dessert Cookbook.
Prep Time2 hours hrs
Cook Time55 minutes mins
Total Time2 hours hrs 55 minutes mins
Cuisine: American Southern
- 1 single pie crust partially baked for 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons Tennessee Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
Mix chocolate chips and pecan pieces in bowl together
Mix sugar, butter together. Add whiskey, vanilla. Mix. Add eggs one at a time.
Add corn syrup.
Line tart shell with chocolate and pecans. Pour mixture into pan.
Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes. Pie will bubble. Cool completely before serving.