Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuits for a Sunday Morning
Homemade Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuits.
- 2 cups Lily White or soft wheat all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt cubed, frozen
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 crispy pieces of bacon crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup full fat buttermilk
mix dry ingredients together in large bowl that has a wide flat bottom. A wooden salad bowl works well.
Add in cubes of butter. Working with your hands, incorporate butter into flour or use a pastry blending tool. I use my hands because it's kid friendly and kids often help.
Add in bacon, cheese.
Add in buttermilk, Mix with spoon. Use a little extra flour only if needed to form into a dough mound.
Pat down with palm of hand. Cut biscuits.
Place biscuits in cast iron frying pan, touching (or baking stone) and bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Brush with melted butter out of the oven.