Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad
Modern twist on a classic salad of Salad Nicoise with seared tuna and shallot vinaigrette. Adapted from Crumblog.
- tuna steak enough for as many people you are serving
- bib lettuce
- 1 ripe tomato sliced
- 1 cup boiled small potatoes
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 handful cooked green beans
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 10 oil cured olives or nicoise olives
- anchovies optional
- 2 tablespoons shallots finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
Brush tuna with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat 10 inch frying pan on medium low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When oil is hot, add Ahi Tuna and sear one minute on each side. Set aside.
Wash lettuce arrange on place with sliced tomatoes, egg, potatoes, olives, green beans.
Arrange tuna on salad. Add capers. Drizzle with vinagrette.