Spicy Shrimp with Red Chili Pepper
Adapted from Marcella Hazan's Essential's of Italian Cooking
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or chopped hot red chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 large can Italian plum tomatoes chopped w juice (I used San Marzano from Fresh Market)
- Sea salt
- 1 pound wild shrimp shelled, cleaned, deveined
- Grilled or oven browned slices of bread
Saute shallot and garlic in olive oil. Add pepper flakes and parsley.add tomatoes. Cook at a simmer for twenty minutes to reduce the juice.
Rinse shrimp several times in cold water. Pat dry and add to sauce when it’s ready. Cook just until shrimp are cooked (about 3 minutes).
Grill thick slices of bread in cast iron pan on top of stove that has a little swipe of olive oil or bake in oven to brown.