Healthy Mexican Chicken Rice Soup Recipe (Caldo Cantina)
Mexican chicken rice soup made from bone broth, left over roast chicken, brown rice for a delicious, easy, meal from scratch.
- 4 quarts bone broth chicken stock, (homemadeor store bought)
- 1 to 2 cups diced white meat chicken
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1-3 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobe sauce test for your own heat level
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- juice of one lemon
- wedges of lime for serving
- 2 avocado cubed
Bone Broth Ingredients
- chicken bones cut from roast chicken
- 1/2 onion
- handful parsley
- filtered water
Heat bone broth.
Divide cilantro, by saving some for garnish to serve with. Use rest to put in broth.
Add freshly chopped carrots and onion until cooked through. Add large pieces cilantro (to be later removed.
Add chipotle peppers.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add chicken, cooked rice and lemon juice.
Serve with chopped cilantro, lime wedge and avocado.
Put all bones,cold filtered water, onion, parsley on low in crockpot for 24 hours. Bones will start to disappear into broth. Ladle through a mesh strainer. Cool. Skim fat, if desired.