Avocado Margarita, healthy, smooth, creamy and delicious, adapted from Curra’s Grill in Austin, via Bon Appetite Magazine.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or gourmet salt of your choice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime or 1 teaspoon finely minced green herb
- 1/2 avocado pitted, peeled
- 4 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces gran gala a triple orange liquor (or triple sec)
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave or simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or squeeze fresh orange
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and optional celery leaves combined
- 4 lime wheels
Rim 4 medium sized glasses with a lime wedge and dip into crushed salt. Salt should be moderately course. You can mix the salt with some lime zest or finely chopped parsley (or cilantro)for added color.
Combine all ingredients into a blender.
Pour into glasses.
Garnish with lime wheel.
This makes 2 to 4 margaritas.
You Can Freeze Ahead
I froze the batch in a plastic ziplock. This is truly the secret to a nice iced cold cocktail that you can make in big batches and have ready for your party. Simply take out until the freeze wears off and the liquid is still cold, or run again in your Vitamix frozen.
This recipe makes 2-4 margaritas, depending on size of glass.
To make the drink a little greener, I added in some parsley on the second batch, which you don't really taste much of and cilantro would be too overpowering. Mix up a little with the sea salt and rim the glass.