Red Cabbage Salad Recipe
Make a shredded red cabbage salad recipe with a shallot vinaigrette and pumpkin seeds for a healthy, Paleo, low carb choice
- 1 small head red cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds may need up to 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup prosecco white wine vinegar can use red wine or white wine or champagne vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
Trim red cabbage and shred with either food processor, knife or spiralizer.
Peel and trim carrot. Julienne or shred. Add to cabbage. You can use more carrot if you like. I just used a small amount for color.
Toss cabbage with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Toss again. Taste to make sure the cabbage is acidic enough. As it marinates, it will lose some of the acid.
Add pumpkin seeds, reserving some for topping right before serving.
Mix mustard, shallots, lemon juice and vinegar.
Add oil. Shake in jar or use whisk to incorporate.
Add dressing. You may not use all of the dressing, depending on size of head of cabbage used.