Southern Fried Corn Cakes (Gluten Free)
Corn cakes are a dish wonderful eaten all by themselves, but these fluffy cakes are a wonderful side dish with pork or sausage.
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 cups of corn
- 3/4 cup corn meal I use this brand Order Here
- 1/2 cup flour I used this gluten free brand Order Here
- 2 teaspoons baking powder Order Here
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red chile pepper or dash cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- oil for frying I used this coconut oil Order Here
- Kitchen Tools
- Cast Iron Griddle Order Here
- 1/4 cup measuring cup
Mix flours with baking powder, salt, chives, ground chili pepper, turmeric.
Mix egg into milk.
Add milk mixture to dry mixture. Add in corn.
Add oil to griddle. If your cast iron griddle is well season, only put just enough to glisten. Put on low.
Drop by 1/4 cup onto medium low hot griddle.
Cook for 2 to 3 minute per side until golden brown.
Corn cakes can be reheated in microwave or oven.