Brussels Sprouts Frittata with Purple Potatoes
How to Make a Frittata from stovetop to Oven.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Oxo Omelet Spatula
Non Stick Pan
Egg Beater or Whisk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup shaved brusselsl sprouts or sliced thinly
- 4 purple potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cheese Manchego or White Cheddar
- Handfull arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon shallot (or red onion) finely diced
Prepare Purple Potatoes
Clean potatoes, microwave potatoes for about five minutes until softened. You can skip the micorowave, slice thinly and sautè until softened. I don't remove the skins, but you can if you want.
Beat eggs with salt, pepper. Set aside, and cook vegetables first.
Heat pan to medium high. Add butter and oil to hot pan.
Reduce heat, add brussels sprouts and potatoes, and cook until softened.
Add in arugula.
Add beaten eggs. Using a large spatula, allow the eggs to run under the frittata mixture. Keep lifting and moving the mixture. Once you have no more runny eggs, and the remains to be cooked, put in oven for about 5 to 10 minutes. You want to make sure you don't see any runny egg mixture.
Cut into wedges and eat hot or at room temperature.