Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Frittata for Easter Brunch
Proscuitto and asparagus come together in a frittata.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 10-12 Eggs
- 12 Asparagus stems with ends trimmed cut in different heights to fit size of the pan
- 12-15 slices of prosciutto sliced very thinly
- Extra virgin oil
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 cup heavy cream can use milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
Wrap 8 asparagus with prosciutto (a few more for snacking) Toss the asparagus that is not wrapped with a little olive oil.
Roast all of the asparagus together at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Check at 8 minutes, asparagus need not be cooked through, and should still be plump. If you over roast, it will be stringy
Beat eggs, add cream, cheese, salt, pepper.
Line baking dish or cast iron pan (I used 9 1/2 “)
Add egg mixture; arrange asparagus and bake for 30-35 minutes at 375. You might want a crispier top and can put under broiler for a few minutes.
Serve at room temperature.