Pecan Bourbon Cream Tart with Gluten Free Shortbread Tart Crust
Gluten free Pecan cream tart.
Prep Time2 hrs
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time2 hrs 35 mins
- 1 tart dough recipe see below
- 2 tablespoons cranberries optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
Gluten Free Pie Tart Dough Recipe
- 200 grams gluten free all purpose-flour 1 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup
- 1 stick 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, frozen for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum see notes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon iced cold water
Preheat oven to 425.
Partially bake pie crust for 8 minutes. Reduce oven to 400.
Heat cream and sugar in small sauce pan, until it turns translucent.
Add in bourbon and vanilla and simmer for a few minutes.
Add in pecans. Turn heat off and allow to sit while oven is preheating, about 15 minutes and while pie shell is baking in oven.
Pour cream and pecans into par-baked pie shell. Remember to reduce heat to 400 and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
Check tart at 15 minutes, tamp down bubbles the cream forms and sprinkle in some dried cranberries if you want to.
Cool completely before cutting.
Tart Dough Instructions
Mix flour with sugar and salt.
Add in butter and process in food processor to a slow count of 10. Add in egg and process until mixed. Add in water and process just enough until dough forms.
Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour.
Take out, roll out and put in tart shell. Poke fork holes and put back in refrigerator to chill until ready to use. It's best to pre-bake a very cold tart shell.