Chopped Kale Salad with Toasted Almonds
A raw kale salad with Tuscan flavors.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one large lemon
- 1 teaspoon pear vinegar or use a white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic crushed
- sea salt black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- Sea salt black pepper
- Small chunk of Pecorino Romano
Salad Dressing: Crush garlic clove, place in olive oil for 10 minutes. Remove.
Squeeze lemon in small bowl, add vinegar, and slowly add in olive oil and salt and pepper.
Rinse kale, roughly chop and dry with salad spinner or paper towels.
Chop finely using a mezzaluna or chef's knife.
Toss with salad dressing, cheese, toasted almonds and crushed red pepper.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top with very thin slices of Pecorino Romano, using sharp knife or mandolin