Keto Maryland Crab Cakes
Inspired by Thomas Keller, modified for grain free or keto diet
Servings: 6 servings
- 16 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise can use more if needed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon flat Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pimento chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 1/2 cups Pork Panko or panko of your choice (see notes)
- 1 cup Remoulade
Drain crab meat well, but do your best to leave it in lump form.
In large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except pork panko.
Add crab meat to mixture.
Form into six crab cakes.
Gently roll into pork panko.
Heat non stick pan to medium low Fry crab cakes using no oil if using pork panko. Turn once the side is very crispy about five minutes per side.
Serve with lemon wedges, tartar sauce or your favorite mayonnaise. I use an avocado oil based mayonnaise.