Chimichurri with Grilled Skirt Steak
Make this delicious South American Condiment and Grilled Skirt Steak
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1/4 cup chimichurri for marinade
- 2 cups fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or thyme Can sub with pinch dried oregano
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch red chile flakes
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
Finely chop parsley, fresh oregano (or thyme) and garlic.
Zest lemon onto the herbs.
Add all ingredients to olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper
Make chimichurri at least an hour in advance. Use a few tablespoons of this to marinate the skirt steak.
Grill Skirt Steak
Turn grill on to about 400 degrees.
Grill each side for four minutes to a medium rare.
Allow meat to rest five minutes.
Cut across the bias. Arrange in platter.
Top with chimichurri.
Season again with salt and pepper as needed.