Crepes Suzette, A Romantic Recipe
Crepes Suzette, a classic of crepes, orange butter and liquor.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk I used fat free organic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- zest of 1 orange grated fine
- 2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons cognac
Combine salt sugar, flour, orange zest in bowl
In separate bowl add beaten eggs to milk.
Add to flour mixture. add in unsalted melted butter and vanilla.
Let crepe mixture sit for 30 minutes.
Melt butter in crepe pan. Using paper towel, to wipe out butter so it just films pan.
Pour 1/4 cup (in standard crepe pan). Pour off any crepe back into bowl so the crepe will be very thin.
Turn in about two minutes to cook on other side.
Combine first 4 ingredients; beat well to make an orange butter.
Preheat oven to 350. Brush 1 teaspoon orange butter in middle of each crepe. Fold into quarters. Arrange on heating platter (to be placed in oven) with remaining butter. Warm in oven several minutes until hot.