Chocolate Zucchini Cake
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 3/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s extra dark) 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 teaspoon baking powder 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon 3/4 teaspoon cardamon (option is to use all cinnamon) 2 large eggs 2 cups brown sugar (or 1 1/3 cups raw agave nectar) 1/2 cup unsalted butter Add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and coole d 1/2 cup strong coffee (I used 2 espresso) 3
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour can use all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder I used Hershey’s extra dark
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamon option is to use all cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar or 1 1/3 cups raw agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup strong coffee I used 2 espresso
- 3 cups zucchini grated (6-8 zucchini, depending on size)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bundt pan.
Sift together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
Assemble wet ingredients. Cream sugar with eggs in large bowl. Stir in vanilla. Stir in melted chocolate.
Alternate adding dry ingredients and coffee to wet ingredients.
When fully mixed, add in zucchini.
Bake at 350 in a buttered bundt pan for 50 minutes.