The Chocolate Chip Cookie and The Cookie Monster on Top Chef
The best chocolate chip cookie with optional dried cherries.
- 1 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 plus 2 tablespoons cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups of chopped chocolate or chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries optional
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional, but I think necessary)
Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl together
Add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
Add in chocolate, dried fruit, nuts and thoroughly incorporate.
Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. It doesn’t matter what size you make as long as the size is consistent.
Bake 9-11 minutes at 375. (Adjust baking time if cookies are larger than a teaspoon).