Spring Pea Soup with a Pea Shoot Salad
A delightful spring pea soup with tarragon and pea shoots.
- 1 pound frozen peas divided (do not thaw)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shallots sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1 carrot 1 celery
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon divided (extra for garnish)
- Pea shoots for garnish
- Lemon to squeeze when serving.
Cook peas in 4 cups of boiling water. Add carrot celery, some tarragon.
As soon as peas are nearly cooked, remove peas, (take out carrot and celery)and use this water for the broth.
In large sauce pan, saute shallots in olive oil. Add peas, 2 tablespoons tarragon, and cook until peas are tender. Using immersion blender, puree until completely smooth. You may need to add more water. Season with salt and pepper. As an option you can take through a sieve for a more silkier texture. Both are good choices.