Swiss Chard, Nectarine and Toasted Pecan Salad
Swiss Chard, pecans, dried fruit for a delicious southern salad with Italian notes.
- 1 bunch Rainbow Chard other swiss chard is fine too
- 1 bunch Butter Lettuce one head, rinsed, patted dry
- 1/4 cup pecans1 chopped coarsely and toasted
- 1 cup Nectarine slices can use peaches or even apples
- 1 tablespoon Dried fruit chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mixture of white balsamic champange or apple cider vinegar (any combo)
- Big squeeze of lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or more olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
Whisk vinegar into mustard. Add lemon juice.
Slowly add in the both oils. Season with salt and pepper. You will not use all the dressing most likely. You will need to do your own tasting. The dressing will be pungent, with lots of acid. The sweetness of the peaches, and the salt will help to counteract. But, if you find it too pungent, add more canola or olive oil. This is much more of an inspiration than an exact recipe.