Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Plums and Rosemary
A twist on the classic oatmeal cookie, adding dried plums also known as prunes and rosemary for a high fiber, grown up cookie, kids love too.(adapted from generic rolled oats box).
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups oats
- 1 3/4 spelt flour can use all-purpose, or whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup dried plums finely chopped
Heat oven to 350. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Mix together in separate bowl flour, baking powder, salt, rosemary.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Add in dried plums. Mix well.
Drop onto baking sheet by the tablespoon.
Bake for 18 minutes. Cookies may appear soft.
Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing or they will fall apart.
Store in plastic container or cookie tin.