Tuscan Kale Salad, Raisins, Almonds, Pecorino, Lemony Salad Dressing
How Italians eat a kale salad, olive oil, lemon, toasted almonds, raisins, chile flakes with a zesty lemony dressing, showered with Pecorino Romano
- SALAD DRESSING
- 1 small clove garlic cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon of lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
- 1 one bunch of Lacinato kale ribs removed, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup golden raisins regular raisins or even dried cranberries will do
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 ounce of Pecorino Romano Cheese
- sea salt
- black pepper
dd garlic clove and chile to olive oil and let sit for twenty minutes or longer. Remove garlic. Mix vinegar and lemon. Slowly add olive oil to lemon mixture.
Toss chopped kale leaves with half of the dressing. Add more as needed. add in raisins, toasted almonds.
Using a mandolin or cheese grater, slice paper thin slices of pecorino over the salad.
Season with salt and pepper.