Homemade Italian Meatballs, Paleo Friendly, Gluten Free
Baked, Paleo Friendly Italian Meatballs, comfort food, grain free, gluten free.
- 3 pounds grass fed beef
- 1 pound ground pork or more beef
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh Italian Parsley
- 6 cloves garlic finely minced
- sea salt
- Homemade Italian Tomato Sauce
Pour milk over ground meat.
season with salt and pepper
Add remaining ingredients and very loosely, gently mix together. You don't want the meat to be compacted, as that will make the meatballs tough.
Form into balls
Place foil or parchment paper on baking sheet.
Bake meatballs for 20 minutes at 375 degrees or until outsides seems browned.
Place into tomato sauce to finish cooking for at least one hour.
Milk: You can skip milk. Do not substitute with almond or coconut milk as it will affect the taste. If you do skip milk and are using grass-fed beef, add a few tablespoons olive oil. Another way to add in some fat and flavor is to add in some chopped proscuitto, about a slice per pound.