Black Pepper Herbed Biscuits
Black pepper, rosemary, parsley, and sage give flavor to the Southern fluffy biscuit
- 2 cups of soft wheat flour White Lily or all purpose
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of ice cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk may not use all of it
- dash of baking soda
Heat oven to 450
Mix flour with with salt, herbs, baking powder.
Add cold chopped butter. Mix with hands until butter is in small pieces.
Add dash of baking soda to buttermilk.
Add buttermilk to flour mixture and mix with wooden spoon.Dough will be sticky.
Flour hands, pat down to 8 inch disc.
Cut with biscuit cutter.
Place on baking sheet or cast iron frying pan or griddle, touching.
Brush milk or buttermilk across the top (for browning).
Bake for 15 minutes.