Sole Meunière Recipe
Sole Meuniere, classically French with lots of browned butter and lemon.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sole fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers rinsed (optional)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge each fish fillet in the flour mixture until well coated.
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Brown each filet about 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
Transfer the fish to a platter and tent with foil. Add the remaining butter to pan and turn up the heat to medium-high.
Brown butter until it turns golden and add lemon juice. Pour the butter over the fish and serve immediately. Sprinkle with parsley.