Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic and Video: How to Peel Garlic in 10 Seconds
Chicken Thighs with 40 Cloves of Garlic and a video showing the easiest way to peel that garlic, so you make this dish again and again. Adapted from Nigella Lawson's recipe.
- 5 1/2 quart dutch oven with lid or baking dish that will hold 8 thighs in one layer.
- 8 chicken thighs on bone with skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt pepper
- 40 cloves of garlic peeled
- fresh chives can use scallions, or shallots
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or white wine
- fresh sage leaves
Season chicken with salt and pepper
Brown chicken in olive oil in heavy dutch oven. You may need to brown in two batches. Thigh skin is thick; brown well on medium low heat.
Remove chicken to platter. Set aside.
Add in herbs and half of the garlic to oil in pot. Add in dry vermouth. Add chicken thighs on top of the garlic. Add in remaining garlic.
Cover. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with crusty bread.