Slow Roasted Italian Pulled Pork
Slow roasted Italian pulled pork with rosemary, thyme and sage, perfect as is or for sandwiches.
- 1 3-4 pound pork butt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground pollen or use 2 teaspoons ground toasted fennel seeds
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper the pork
Chop all herbs together.
Rub olive oil on pork butt.
Mix herbs with fennel pollen (or ground fennel seeds)
Allow to sit out on counter for an hour to marinate if you have the time.
Wrap in heavy duty tin foil. Triple wrap, as juices will drip. Put a baking pan in rack below to catch the juice.
Bake for 3-4 hours, low and slow at 300 degrees F.
Shred the pork with a fork.