Pumpkin Muffins adapted from Dorie Greenspan, a perfect pumpkin spice flavor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside
In a large bowl, beat butter until soft.
On medium speed, cream sugars into butter, until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time beating for one minute with each egg.
Lower speed and add pumpkin and buttermilk.
Add dry ingredients. Do not over mix. (You may use a spatula for the last bit of flour).
Stir in walnuts.
Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.