Gluten Free Sweet Potato Bread
Gluten Free Sweet Potato Bread, moist and delicious. Great for breakfast or dessert.
- oil for greasing bread pans
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour I use Bob's Red Mill order here
- 1 tablespoon gluten baking powder order here
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon mashed sweet potatoes or mashed candied sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup order here
- 3/4 cup avocado or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
Orange Buttermilk Glaze
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
Sweet Potato Bread
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan. Combine dry ingredients.
Combine sweet potatoes, brown sugar, vanilla. Add eggs one at a time.
Add wet ingredients slowly to dry ingredients, stirring constantly until well combined.
Add batter to baking pans.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, until tooth pick comes out clean.
Immediately pour glaze while bread is still warm.