Popcorn Cauliflower, Flash Fried
Flash Fried Cauliflower with PIstachios, Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup avocado oil you may not need all of it
- 1/4 cup golden raisins unless you are strictly keto
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cup of chopped roasted pistachios or sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning see notes
- handfull parsley finely chopped
Heat oil in a dutch oven or frying pan. You will want to have a spatter lid.
You can use a deep fryer and a lot more oil to do a quicker flash fry, but I don't find that practical for a home cook, and this will get the same results.
Add in cauliflower pieces. Oil should cover at least half of the cauliflower.
Add salt. Don't add any other ingredients until you remove cauliflower.
Turn over when browned.
Drain on paper towel.
Add to dish. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper (at your discretion for heat), spices of your choice, and top with chopped nuts, golden raisins and parsley.
Top with parsley. Serve immediately.
I use a seasoning that has citrus and fennel in it. I like the aroma of the fennel seeds. You can use a seasoning of your choice or none at all.
Golden Raisins add a nice texture and sweetness to the dish, but are not keto friendly.