Fusion Focaccia with Radishes and Nori Sea Salt
Fusion Focaccia, Italian process, Asian flavors
Prep Time3 hrs
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time4 hrs
- 1 cup warm water divided 1/4 and 3/4
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 1/4 cups flour bread flour or all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t sea salt
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil for dough
- 2-4 T extra virgin olive oil for baking
- 1 Large bunch of radishes (enough to cover approximate 9 inch square pan
- 1 Bunch of diced spring onions
- 2 T Nori sea salt mixture can use another flavored salt or just sea salt
Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water for ten minutes. Add 1 cup flour, salt, 2 T olive oil and mix well with hands. Add in remaining flour and water. If kneading by hand, knead for 10 minutes. At this point you can put into food processor or kitchen aid with hook attachment. Mix until dough is soft and pliable.
Allow to rest for 90 minutes to 2 hours in bowl covered with damp towel (in warm place).
Thinly slice radishes and marinate in some of the olive oil mixture. I used a mandoline to slice, but you can also use thicker slices. If you use thin, be sure to overlap and even double up. More is best, as the radishes will shrink.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees 30 minutes before baking time.
Mix 1 tablespoon of nori sea salt with 4 T of olive oil. (You can use more or less as you prefer).
Punch down, and put dough into bakeware, approximately two inches high. Impress with fingertip holes and then brush with olive oil/nori salt mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and add radishes and spring onion. Bake for another 10 minutes.