Appetizer Raw Beet Salad with Shallot, Honey, Orange Vinaigrette
A raw red beet salad presented in tiny dishes for a perfect appetizer or starter for a party.
- 2 cups shredded raw red beets
- 1 shallot peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar can also use a champagne vinegar
- 1/2 orange or 1 tangerine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or canola
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Peel and grate red beets (I used food processor). Set aside.
Zest the citrus. Set aside.
In small food processor, place shallot, a squeeze of citrus, honey and vinegar. Mix well. Add in both oils. Continue to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss beets the the vinaigrette. (You won't use it all, this should be enough for 4 cups of beets if you want to double recipe. Use remaining dressing for another salad).
Toss with most of citrus zest, saving some for garnish.
You can serve now or refrigerate and serve later.