Low Carb Chocolate Cream Frosting
Delicious sugar free Low Carb chocolate buttercream frosting made with Swerve Confectioner's Sugar (a powdered erythritol).
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese softened or mascarpone
- 5 drops of stevia glycerite ORDER HERE
- 1 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa I use Better Body Cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or more according to taste
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup heavy cream see notes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
Sift confectioner's sugar, and unsweetened cocoa
Add both to butter mixture. Add salt.
Add vanilla. Mix well.
Add in up to 1/3 cup heavy cream.
You may not need it all, depending on consistency you want.
Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
Allow to come to room temperature before applying.
Will frost one double layer cake or triple layer mini cake. Frosting layers will not be as high as other frostings, but will be enough.
This will frost a layer cake or 12 cupcakes. When using a Swerve or Powdered erythritol as a sugar substitute. A half recipe will frost a one-layer cake.
Please taste your frosting as all unsweetened cocoa is different.
Instead of adding in heavy cream, you can also add in a little boiling water if frosting needs thinned down for piping. Add only a tablespoon at a time.
Serving: 1g | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fiber: 2g