Pre-Cautions for the Bakery
I will keep the bakery open ONLY as long as we are well, with no symptoms.
I am staying home. We are well-stocked and the bakery can remain open.
In my research to date, they are not seeing food as a transfer of the virus.
However, aside from rigorous health safety measure, clorox wipe downs, wearing gloves, etc. washing hands, I am taking these extra precautions:
- The cakes are immediately wrapped after baking.
- We are now delivering instead of picking up. Drop at porch and have no contact.
- For rare pickups, contact me for protocol.
- Pay with Venmo. I prefer not to deal with cash, but if you must, please put into an envelope.
- Please contact me if you have any concerns.
- Regarding classes, we will postpone classes until May, and we assess again.
- Call me with any questions at 615-812-1501.
Classes will probably be postponed until May.
- See above as to how to we operate the bakery. We take extreme pre-cautions to stay healthy and to keep the kitchen safe.
- We will not hold any classes if we feel sick or have any cough. We will cancel and either reschedule or refund.
- Do NOT come to class with a cough or any unwell feelings. We can reschedule or if necessary, refund.
- Once you arrive, you will be asked to wash your hands for 20 seconds. We also have hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes.
- Please use gloves provided for all baking. We have hundreds of pairs, so use as many pairs as needed during the class.
- You will be baking with pre-packaged dry ingredients made well in advance, so as to not contaminate any ingredients from bakery. The classes have their own equipment outside of the big mixer.
- We are taking all necessary precautions, which are good to do no matter what. These will also help to stave off other contagious viruses.
We are praying for all of you to be healthy and happy and for this pandemic to run its course with the least negative implications.
Make your own hand sanitizer:
2 parts to 1 part 2/3 cups 91% alcohol to 1/3 cup aloe vera gel. Add any essential oil you like.